It is a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game!
Intrigued? Here’s how it works
You will be able connect to our website and track, on a weekly basis, the on-going development of the game. More importantly you’ll have a real impact on the game’s content, including art and game design:
- Discover the atmosphere of the dev team, and share our achievements as well as the hurdles we encounter. Watch the preparation of important milestones or game events.
- Get to know each team member (from the shy but incredibly talented Graphic Artist to the over-the-top Creative Director) and discover their personalities (and pet peeves).
- Learn how all these people interact with each other (for better or for worse) and find out how we coordinate our efforts with the external help we need to ship a game.
- Choose art and game design elements that will be included in the final game, and discuss these with the dev team and the rest of the players.
- The most active players will be invited to our studios in Paris as well as promo events, they will get their name in the credits of the game, and a lot more!
That seems all nice but I’m no expert…
There is no need to have any particular dev knowledge. Every week the development team will bring out hot topics for which they will ask players’ preferences and feedback -- all presented in an accessible (and entertaining) way.
Let’s take a quick example: The dev team has been working on some concept art for the game that will be used to create the in-game models.
In a weekly poll, players will be able to choose the concept they prefer from several proposals. That concept will then be used in the final game.
More advanced tools, such as forums, will also be available for the players who want to go into more depth on some game design topics and be in contact with the dev team on a daily basis.
Let's start creating GAMES2GETHER!
Amplitude Studios DEV TEAM